Friday, August 28, 2009

Hundred Acre Wood

"If you have no honey in your pot, have some in your mouth" Benjamin Franklin

This blog is called PhilaBeer and what better way to start it off then with an ode to our boy Bennie Franklin. See even Big Ben knows that the best way to consume honey is to drink it! Anyway, let's focus on the beer. I was at Theresa's in Wayne a few weeks ago for my friend Eleni's Birthday (she's great) and her bass playing boyfriend who can't be mentioned because of legal purposes, and he told me that I have to try Biere de Miel. BDM comes to us from Brasserie DuPont in Belgium. It's simply classified as an ale flavored with honey. It pours a hazy orange hue with nice foam that slowly dissipates as you consume. Given it's rich character and alcohol content, this beer is quite smooth. The honey is far from prominent but does just enough to balance out this beer. If I were a marketing executive for Miller or Bud, I would classify this beer as having "supreme drinkability". I would highly recommend all beer geeks to get there light beer drinking friends to give this one a shot, it might turn some of them over from the dark side.

No comments:

Post a Comment