Saturday, September 5, 2009

Autumn

I am sure most of you have noticed a dip in temperature the last couple days and waking up early in the morning with 55 degree temps makes you think of fall. I wandered into the beer joint last night and was in the mood for a fall beer. A bright orange six pack of Dogfish Head Punkin Ale was my beer of choice. Dogfish Head is a local brewery out of Delaware famous for it's "minute" IPA's. Sam Calagione, head brewer and owner of Dogfish Head wanted to create a unique Pumpkin Ale that was different from the rest. The bottle label states that it's "A full bodied brown ale brewed with real pumpkin, brown sugar, allspice, cinnamon and nutmeg. It pours a brownish red with minimal lacing. Scents of all of the above are very prevalent, but meld nicely on the palette. I get a slight gingerbread smell too, very mulling spice. I want to throw a wick in this beer and burn it like a candle. I bet yankee candle is all over that shit already. It goes down smooth with a small touch of alcohol, just enough to keep you honest. This is going in the books as one of my favorite fall beers and or Pumpkin Ales. Nice job Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment