Thursday, August 20, 2009

Mmmmm Malt..

Today we are going to discuss one of Ayinger's best brews. Continue to read this Blog and I am sure you will hear much more about Ayinger and the magic they create in bavaria. I went to Theresa's in Wayne and decided I wanted something that I could sink my teeth into. I decided to take a swing at the Celebrator Doppelbock, Ayinger's Doppelbock offering. Doppelbock's generally have a very full-bodied flavor and are darker than their little Bock brothers and sisters and a higher level of alcohol too. They range in color from dark amber to nearly black, and dark versions often have slight chocolate or roasted characters. Dark and intense looking of a mahogany colour, a big frothy tan head lays on top that literally sticks around as long as the beer is there. Malt, Malt, and more Malt!! I feel like I should be wearing some Lederhosen and eating pretzels. Right away you get hints of chocolate and smoke and this beer is smooth! I suggest eating some red meat and gouda with this brew. It also comes with a plastic goat toy which is always nice!

No comments:

Post a Comment