Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Hopped Nostalgia

Beer can be nostalgic. Every so often I will enter a Blog that introduces the lighter side of beer. I was thinking about some of the great times I have had over the last couple years and I can always remember everybody slinging brew. If you're a beer lover, you automatically get excited around Easter when the weather gets warm and bars start to carry Hefeweizens and Belgian Wits. From that first sip, I begin to think about baseball and backyard BBQ's. Everytime I have a Stout or Winter Ale, I think about holiday parties and going snowboarding with my friends. It's funny how a simple drink of barley, hops, yeast and water can evoke so many memories. For some people, it can evoke periods when they were fighting, partying the living shit out of themselves, or having emotionless sex (you guys know who you are). If I show you a beer, you can tell me about a memory. So if you read this, and you better, think of all the good times you've had with our good friend beer and tune in until next time.........

No comments:

Post a Comment