Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Paesanos.........

Recently, a wave of small restaurants offering creative, innovative and sexy sandwiches have emerged on the dining scene. Paesanos comes to us from Peter McAndrews, chef and owner of the fabulous BYOB Modo Mio. I was in hipsterville a few weeks ago helping my dear friend Jill Purdy clear her backyard up so she could have her annual gin party. After cutting down bamboo for 2 hours, I decided to get some lunch. I walked a few short blocks and arrived at Paesano's. My first order of business was to try the Suckling Pig sandwich. Suckling pig is paesano's dressed up version of the classic roast pork. This is the sandwich that has been generating all the buzz. I scanned the menu and decided I wanted the Gustaio instead. The description read as...Lamb Sausage, Sour Cherry Mostarda, Gorgonzola, Arugula and Fennel. Not really a sandwich. It was rolled up in a torilla shell and crisped up on the grill. Very similiar to what the turks call a Durum Kebab. Absolutely fucking amazing. Spicy lamb sausage, peppery arugula, sharp gorgonzola, crunchy fennel, all toned down by the cherry mostarda. Grabbed two Hanks black cherry sodas and my day was complete. Paesano's offers a multitude of options and I promise to blog about each and every one. One a lighter note, they offer two tasty looking vegetarian options.

1 comment: